The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Process Equipment Manager will report to the Manager, Engineering as part of the Maintenance & Engineering team and oversees all equipment related to manufacturing of batches of cosmetic and OTC products. The position will develop and oversee preventative and reactive maintenance on a variety of processing equipment including kettles, pumps, mixers, purified water systems and other associated equipment. The Process Equipment Engineer will also supervise the sanitization crew and maintenance technicians in the area.
- Develop and oversee the execution of all maintenance activities on process equipment at Autumn Harp
- Supervise the compounding department’s sanitation and maintenance team members
- Source and direct contractors to complete planned work
- Play a key role in expansion activities including developing timelines, budgets and contractor management
- Trouble shoot problems associated with the manufacture of products
- Coordinate and execute product process improvements, enhancements and /or value reengineering activities
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
Experience and Skills required:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- BS engineering preferred
- Direct experience working in a GMP environment
- Experience working in a sanitary processing environment
- Ability to connect with external and internal customers
- Superior planning and organization skills supported by strong written and verbal communication
- Process excellence in support of continuous improvement
Lead Maintenance Technician
Night Shift – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 645pm to 7am alternating Tuesdays 645pm to 3am
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for leading all maintenance activities on the shift, training and mentoring the junior maintenance technicians, coordinating with production leadership to fulfill productions maintenance needs, relay and enforce the Autumn Harp work rules and the expectations of the Maintenance Supervisor in his absence. Advanced trouble shooting, maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of all filling and packaging machinery and systems. Must be able to evaluate, set-up, test, and improve packaging process and designs. The ability to analyze engineering technology, product specification needs, and testing procedures from planning to fulfillment review is required.
- Mentors and trains the other technicians on shift.
- Installs, repairs, adjusts, overhauls, and maintains packaging machinery and associated equipment in good working order. Performs maintenance duties on the packaging line when the line is running, as necessary.
- Provide technical support for high-speed packaging line equipment both mechanically and electrically.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and correct a variety of different technologies and equipment such as: tube filling, blister sealing, shrink wrapping, cream/lotion filling, hot dosing, labeling, component sorting, cartoners, casepackers, palletizers, and robotics.
- Proven ability to diagnose technical problems with and without schematics/drawings.
- Ensure all work meets all quality and safety standards while adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of all machinery and equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience within an industrial setting using filling and packaging equipment.
- College’s degree in technical field preferred, not required.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in filling and packaging operations
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and how/where they interconnect.
- Equipment Analysis, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills.
- Industrial automation controls experience is a plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to meet all internal and external customer needs.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for representing the Quality perspective throughout the product development process and through the lifetime of the product. The Quality Engineer will work to ensure that all products produced are in compliance with regulatory and customer requirements and that the manufacturing process is understood. The Quality Engineer will collaborate cross functionally with R&D, Compounding, Packaging, Process Engineering, Production, Supply Chain, and Account Management teams. This role will have significant customer interaction.
This position will be an integral part of the team. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to multitask with the ability to prioritize tasks as needed. Manufacturing background preferred but we are willing to train with comparable degree. Knowledge of GMP regulations is preferred.
- Be responsible for all Quality-related aspects of product development and on-going product production. This includes raw material, bulk, and finished goods testing specifications and other customer-specific quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Process Engineer to coordinate and complete product validations, including protocols, summaries, and deviations. Analyze new processes, materials, or equipment changes for validated products for impact on validations.
- Participate in Pilot process to ensure that all departments are informed of any cGMP, FDA, customer, or other quality issues and requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Packaging Engineers, Compounding, and customers to set product standards and determine classification of quality characteristics.
- Assist with DOE (Design of Experiment) activities to understand the quality-critical variables in the manufacturing process.
- Oversee the risks associated with programs by utilizing the FMEA process as well as other risk based analysis tools.
- Lead investigations, as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The flow of work and duties performed require above average mental and visual attention.
- The ability to work in a team environment is a must.
- This position requires strong knowledge of processes, process optimization, quality, inspection methods, and standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other office equipment is required.
- Extremely organized and analytical with relentless attention to detail.
- Able to work in a Scrum framework within which people can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.
- Professional, self-motivated, team player with strong collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline desired
The Product Safety Ninja reports to the Product Safety Manager and is a key administrative role to independently liaise within the R&D team to support the formulation & regulatory process. This position is responsible for the compliance evaluation and documentation of raw materials and finished formulations developed at Autumn Harp (AH) in accordance with global regulations and customer/merchant guidelines. They provide cross functional support within R&D, Quality, Sales, and Engineering, ensuring compliance with local, state, federal, and international regulations associated with manufacturing and marketing cosmetic, skin care, and Over the Counter (OTC) products. Assessing new/upcoming regulations impacting AH, providing appropriate risk assessments, evaluating their impact, and making recommendations is a requirement of the role.
· Perform regulatory compliance checks on raw materials and finished formulas in compliance with global regulations as well as customer and merchant guidelines
· Compile, catalog, and archive documentation to support the regulatory requirements for raw materials or formulas
· Proactively monitor changes in the regulatory environment and provide insights and recommendations on how to address them appropriately.
· Interface and collaborate with appropriate R&D team to support global compliance assessment of new raw materials and formulas.
· Sending customer product documentation requests (C of A’s, MSDS’, ILs, QFs, etc…)
· Interface with external testing labs for safety/claims testing on formulas developed at AH. Track status’s and file reports.
· Maintain external testing costs and invoices
· Work collaboratively with R&D, stability, Process Engineering, and Supply Chain to evaluate risks and provide risk assessments to the key stakeholders.
· Management of Inventory and Non-Inventory supplies & tracking cost
· Help maintain GMP standards of Lab Cleanliness
· Filling, labeling, and shipping products for customers when necessary
Skills and Experience required:
· College Degree Preferred
· 1-3 years of related experience
· Ability to problem solving technical tasks related to approval of raw materials and finished formulations developed by the formulation team prior to market launch
· Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (oral & written)
· Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
· Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
· Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
· Knowledge of chemistry and raw ingredients is desired
· Team oriented
E2 Shift – Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am – 7:00pm
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main responsibilities for this position are to manage, prep and prepare all materials for production. Must be able to perform all duties and meet qualifications of a Production Operator as it would require working on the line. Must be able to pass a baseline assessment; handle 50 lbs. routinely, 75 lbs. occasionally; ability to stand for long periods on a regular basis, and able to climb ladders safely.
- Meet with previous shifts bulk handler and Team Leads to determine and discuss the status of current and approaching orders as they pertain to bulk.
- Consult all available resources to prioritize and plan: Pouring record, Day By Hour sheet, Machine Operators, All Team Leads, Batchroom Kettle VNC, Batchroom Team Lead, VNC Production board, Labor Planner
- At the end of the shift, meet with the next shift bulk handler and cross shift team leader to exchange information.
- Routinely check the temperature for all heated bulk
- Shop for all needed Bulk
- Keep all bulk BIN locations up to date with their physical locations
- Check for testing and approval results for required bulk
- Ensure all flavor and color checks are completed
- Keep the VNC board updated throughout the shift
- Fill out bulk pre-event sheets
- Make sure all upcoming orders have all the appropriate equipment assembled and sanitized
- Ensure all cleaning logs have been updated to include relevant data
- Ensure Bulk-Pallet worksheets are up to date
- Work in a safe and diligent manner to make sure company guidelines are met
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- General computer proficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Timely decision-making and responsiveness
- Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
- Possess solid reading and math skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
The Quality Sample Assistant works independently with minimal direction to provide direct material support to the Sample Control, Batch Record Review, Quality Inspector and QC Sampler functions. The time and necessary effort spent supporting each function will vary depending on the needs of the business, and in some instances, moderate physical effort will be required (QC Sampler). This is an enjoyable, fast-paced position that requires patience, diligence and the ability to rapidly grasp quality concepts and execute quality-related tasks consistently and reliably. The Samples Control Assistant must be able to multi-task and have a solution-focused and positive mindset.
- Coordinates, obtains, reviews, understands, and files all label, component, packaging and raw material standards, specifications, technical literature and allied inspection and test criteria in compliance with customer, and cGMP requirements. Files all reports as necessary in a timely manner to remain in compliance
- Samples, reviews, and coordinates all incoming labels, components, packaging, and raw materials in accordance with but not limited to established procedures such as Mil Spec E-105, internal procedures or customer requirements
- Evaluates and approves labels, components and packaging materials based upon appropriate standards, specifications, and allied tests
- Communicates with external testing laboratories and customers regarding testing, samples, documentation, and time lines
- Assists the Batch Record Coordinator in filing and general management of OTC and cosmetic batch records (paper and electronic)
- Assists Batch Record Coordinator in the GDocP review of OTC and cosmetic batch records
- Assists the Sample Control Coordinator in sample receipt, identification, logging and tracking of samples
- Maintains accurate files and records, in compliance with customer and GMP and FDA regulations applicable to operations; files all reports as necessary in a timely manner to remain in compliance
- Coordinate the generation dissemination of COAs for tested materials'
- Fill in for Quality Inspectors (general quality inspection duties as necessary)
- Creates an atmosphere that supports respect, honesty and open communication among all employees; encourages employees to celebrate accomplishments and have fun
Experience and Skills required:
- Minimum of 1 year of quality manufacturing related experience
- Ability to communicate well
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work productively and independently
- Listens and communicates extremely well
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent math skills
- Experience in FDA regulations and understanding of GMP requirements
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
This position reports to the Director, Culture to plan, direct and implement our safety and overall training programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free workplace. The Safety and Training Manager is responsible for all aspects of Autumn Harp’s compliance with occupational and environmental laws and regulations, as well as designing, organizing and/or delivering training sessions on a variety of topics. This role will team with the Safety Pillar to develop, maintain, implement, update and enforce all EHS programs according to federal, state and local requirements.
Safety Responsibilities include:
- Promote and maintain a safety workplace atmosphere and culture
- Maintain and update the Safety & Health Manual and safety records in compliance with local, state and federal programs
- Perform internal audits and assist in the implementation of corrective/preventative action and monitor continuous improvement activities and projects
- Participate in all incident and near miss investigations with Safety Pillar members to determine root cause, preventive and corrective actions
- Provide technical safety, health and environmental expertise based on task analysis, needs/risk assessments and standard operating procedures
- Identify safety and environmental hazards; recommend and implement safety control methods according to industry best practices and safety requirements
- Participate in the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and certifications; including gathering environmental data for surveys, and updating the digital library of documentation
Training Responsibilities include:
- Assist with monthly compliance safety trainings and communication
- Works with our Continuous Skills Development (CSD) Pillar to help review existing training programs; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry
- Ensures training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget
- Assist with grant applications and follow up requirements
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training methods, content and resources
- College degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in safety, health and environmental program implementation
- Must be familiar with manufacturing operations, OSHA regulations and GMP guidelines
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working with a variety of people and departments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable, organized with a strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule as required in a dynamic, 24-hour manufacturing facility
E2 Shift; Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:30am to 7:00pm
The Team Leader will report to the Shift Supervisor and perform duties as assigned that include: meeting the daily manufacturing schedule, helping associates with specific duties, solving problems, and communicating daily manufacturing information to the production teams. The Team Leader needs to be familiar with machinery and equipment; able to trouble-shoot as necessary and as directed. Good listening and leadership skills, as well as good follow through characterize this position. Leads by example and represents manufacturing mission “to make quality products and provide outstanding service”.
- Review production paperwork daily, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains and adheres to all safety rules and reports safety issues.
- Ensure team meets or exceed all quality expectations
- Review daily schedule with a mindset towards success.
- Drive to meet improvement targets for these crucial areas: units per labor hour measure, defect per opportunity measure, and downtime or OEE measure.
- Ensure that all required work associated with your team is covered on a daily basis.
- Relay changes and information to the team members.
- Facilitate/Coach new process changes.
- Exemplify the “can do” attitude with suggestions which are a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.
- Communicate work standards to production and track results.
- Arrange and complete training with all new hires, both regular and temporary employees.
- Advises Supervisor when disciplinary action is warranted.
- Coaches team members on attitude, productivity and interpersonal skills.
- Support Operational Excellence program by doing audits and actively being part of a OE Pillar.
Skills and Experience required:
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate and train all skill levels
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical inclination and aptitude
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and excellent follow
- Previous experience in a GMP environment and Lean manufacturing, a plus.
E3 Shift - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Our Compounders are responsible for making batches of our formulations. The ideal candidates will be quality-minded, dependable, have a positive and team oriented attitude with strong problem solving abilities. Compounders ensure that all products are batched according to the manufacturing instructions provided.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemistry or food science.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs frequently, and up to 75lbs occasionally
- Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
- Have normal hearing and vision with the ability to discern colors
- Above average reading and math skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Associate will be responsible for making sure orders get picked correctly and deliveries get out on time. The right candidate will have the ability to communicate well – both externally and internally; be a team player with a strong work ethic; ability to work productively and independently is essential. Must be detailed-oriented, highly organized and have previous experience in all warehouse activities including inventory control, shipping systems data entry, forklift operation, and general warehouse reporting functions.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to be forklift certified
- Utilize inventory control equipment; scanning and bar-coding equipment
- Experience in lean methodologies and international shipping guidelines, a plus.
E1 Shift; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:45am to 7:00pm
The Quality Control Inspector reports to the Quality Supervisor and works to assure product and process quality by utilizing quality standards and performing inspections and tests associated with materials and products. The QC Inspector also represents quality in the manufacturing environment and supports the manufacturing mission: “To make quality products and provide outstanding service.”
- Must have sound mathematics and writing skills
- Above average teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records and to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work and make independent decisions with little supervision
- Up to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job